A Domain Forfeiture court lifted the embargo decreed in May 2025 on the El Nacimiento estate, linked to former president Alejandro Giammattei, as confirmed this Thursday, May 21, by sources from the Public Ministry (MP).
The judicial resolution was challenged by the Domain Forfeiture Prosecutor’s Office through an amparo action, according to the same sources. Until now, the arguments that motivated the judicial decision are not known.
The immobilization measure had been ordered on May 23, 2025 by Judge Ana Isabel Guerra, head of the Domain Forfeiture Court, at the request of the MP.
According to authorities, the property is located in Santa María de Jesús, Sacatepéquez, and is part of an investigation related to the construction of a luxury property.
At that time, the Property Forfeiture Prosecutor’s Office reported that it requested the immobilization of the property as part of proceedings to investigate the origin of the funds used in the construction.
According to the MP, the property belongs to an entity called El Rubicon, SA, and the property “is linked to Mr. Alejandro Giammattei.”
“The purpose of said action is to carry out investigative procedures in relation to the origin of the funds used for said construction,” indicated the investigating entity when the measure was executed.
The Prosecutor’s Office also indicated that the case remains confidential, in accordance with the provisions established in the Asset Forfeiture Law, so no further details of the file or the ongoing investigations have been revealed.
*Stay up to date with the Now newsletter. Key information at the moment it happens. Subscribe here.
