Jose Rubén Zamora will denounce Alejandro Giammattei, Consuelo Porras and former heads of the FECI

Home News Jose Rubén Zamora will denounce Alejandro Giammattei, Consuelo Porras and former heads of the FECI
Jose Rubén Zamora will denounce Alejandro Giammattei, Consuelo Porras and former heads of the FECI

Journalist Jose Rubén Zamora reported this Wednesday, May 20, that he will file complaints against former officials, former prosecutors, prosecutors and judges, whom he accuses of having manipulated justice to keep him in prison for more than 1,200 days.

According to Zamora, the proceedings against him were “armed” to silence him due to his work as founder and director of elPeriódico, a medium that stopped circulating after his capture, after its finances were frozen.

The journalist stated that the legal actions will be presented on Thursday and mentioned among those named former President Alejandro Giammattei, former Attorney General Consuelo Porras, the former head of the Special Prosecutor’s Office against Impunity (FECI), Rafael Curruchiche; to prosecutors Cinthia Edelmira Monterroso and Leonor Morales Laso, as well as judges Jimi Bremer and Fredy Orellana Letona.

“I am going to file complaints against Giammattei, against the former attorney general Consuelo Porras, against the former head of the FECI Rafael Curruchiche, the prosecutor Cinthia Edelmira Monterroso and the prosecutor Leonor Morales Laso, against judges Jimi Bremer and Fredy Orellana Letona and against some chambers,” declared Zamora.

The journalist also referred to the situation of the leaders of the 48 Cantons of Totonicapán, prosecuted for the protests carried out in defense of the 2023 electoral results.

“I have a lot of hope. It was like a window of hope opened to hear the proposals of Attorney General Gabriel García Luna, to liquidate the FECI and review all the cases,” he said.

He added that he observes similarities between his case and the process followed against the indigenous leaders.

“They are still in prison. I think they extended their prison until August using the same systematic pattern that they have used with me and other people,” he said.

Transfer of complaint questioned

Zamora also gave details about a complaint filed against the Foundation against Terrorism, which was initially known by the Prosecutor’s Office for Crimes against Journalists, but was later transferred to the Prosecutor’s Office for Crimes against Justice Operators, directed by Leonor Morales Laso, whom he plans to denounce.

As he explained, the complaint was filed for alleged obstruction of justice and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

Zamora assured that the prosecution had already requested expert reports from the National Institute of Forensic Sciences (Inacif), when the file was transferred.

According to its version, the Anti-Terrorism Foundation denounced that a lawyer supposedly acted on its behalf to bribe prosecutors, a claim that it rejected.

“They say that a lawyer came on my behalf, but they don’t say who he is or present evidence. I have never set foot in that prosecutor’s office,” he said.

The journalist added that he requested that Leonor Morales Laso and the district attorney Dimas Jiménez be separated from the case.

“I asked that Mrs. Morales Laso and Mr. Dimas Jiménez step aside, and that the attorney general decide where to send the case,” he said.

During his statements, Zamora also criticized members of the Foundation against Terrorism and its president, Ricardo Méndez Ruiz.

He assured that since 2000 he has been the subject of accusations and defamation campaigns.

“Since 2000, Méndez Ruiz has been saying different forms of defamation about me,” he said.

Likewise, he stated that the speech of that group has deteriorated and asked that the authorities act.

“Not only should they close and cancel the Anti-Terrorism Foundation, but these people must be persecuted,” he said.

*Stay up to date with the Now newsletter. Key information at the moment it happens. Subscribe here.

Source